Sunday, October 25, 2009

Work out slowdown

I must admit that the recent change to my schedule. (14 hour days, 6 days a week) has taken a major cut out of my workout time. That and some heavy rains.

I only got in one run workout last week. It was amazing to see how much harder that run was than some of the previous workouts. It was only a 3 mile run, but it certainly felt like a much longer one! I felt it the next day as well. I did some stretching which did help on the legs and lower back.

I also missed a race that I had planned to run. Work had shifted me to nights for a couple of days and I couldn't make it to the race.

I'm not much for treadmills, but maybe I could get in a few miles in the bad weather and not miss the runs totally.

On a brighter note, I have finally gotten my wife to start exercising. She will go walk while I do my run and she has even mentioned starting to run some 5k's next year. Now if we can both stay motivated for that long.

Enough for today. I need to get ready for work - again.

No comments:

Post a Comment