Sunday, October 4, 2009

No Workout Blues

What a week. Working for a public utility (Nuclear) means 24/7 operations and this week I think I was the one working 24/7. Going in at 3 AM and doing 12-16 hours in one day every day this week was really hard on my workouts. I did manage to get in one day of running on Wed. I had my PB time of 9:20 a mile for the 5K, but didn't get any other time to run. I must say that really has been hard - not getting to work out that is.

The munchies seemed to set in as well. I think it was all the weird work hours, the caffeine and the sleep change that did. That's what I'm blaming it on anyway. I should be back to the normal work routine this week so it will be back at the workouts again. Will have to work off a few of those pounds I gained this week.

So how does everyone else manage to get in time for your workout routine when life seems to throw a curve into the schedule?

1 comment:

  1. Hiccups are hiccups and we all get them. Just don't lose sight of the goal. My "prescribed" workout is 4am everyday but sometimes those midnight bedtimes don't go hand in hand. My wife lost focus this morning but I managed (hopefully) to put a good pair of glasses on her before she went to work this morning.

    ReplyDelete