Sunday, September 27, 2009

Weekend workout

Just some notes from my weekend workout. It was VERY foggy out. Did some of the mileage on the bike trails to avoid vehicle traffic

Started with a run of 18m 02s,1.70 miles at 10m 37s/Mi at 8:00 AM

Then a bike ride of 55m 48s,14.42 miles at 15.51 Mi/hr followed by another run of 39m 45s,3.60 miles at 11m 02s/Mi.

My overall Avg HR: 143 Max HR: 162

This was a practice for the Spooky Du. It was for a total of 1:55:15. The actual ride is 20.99, but I didn't see the need to push it that far today. Besides this is the most I have run in a day in several years so I think that was pretty good. I have to tell myself to rest sometimes as I want to go out and do something every chance I get. My knees remind me though!

UPDATE: Since I started in mid July I have lost 20 lbs and a couple of pant sizes. The weight has not come off the fast, but I can tell my clothes are fitting different and I can walk up the stairs at work without getting winded.
Next spring I will need to get a bike that fits right. I am using a borrowed one right now. (The joys of being on a budget.) Also need to get some other gear like bike gloves and shorts. They would be a big benefit I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment