Saturday, September 12, 2009

My own Duathlon

This is a summary of a duathlon I put myself through. It wasn't a real race, but I tried to treat it that way.
Stats for 1st leg
21m 36s
2.00 miles
10m 48s/Mi
Avg HR: 154
7:45 AM
This is my first leg of a durathon. I think I ran past the turnaround point slightly so my time may not be exact. My polar HR monitor wont do split times so I will just record the HR I had when I got to T1
Stats for second leg
1h 16m 04s
20.00 miles
15.78 Mi/hr
Avg HR: 138
8:05 AM
Second leg of my homemade duathlon. Did a short (30 sec)rest to check shoes and get water before heading out. Same note here as to HR
Stats on final leg
23m 09s
2.00 miles
11m 35s/Mi
Avg HR: 146Max HR: 168
9:20 AM
Just made the 12 min mile by time, but I did have another 30 sec rest before the run. HR numbers are for the whole event.
Ok, now for a summary. I decided to try a homemade duathlon as the one I wanted to run is on my work weekend. I looked over my past times and the min allowed in the race and set a time of 2:08:00. I completed the test in 2:00:49!! I am very happy with the results, but let me tell you the bike ride took it out of me. The first half was all into a head wind and trying to keep my 15 mph pace just about did me in. I finally got smart and slowed down and listened to my HR monitor as it was beeping constantly to slow down. The second run was slower I know, but I did not stop to walk!! I was so proud of that. Now if I just had a few pictures of it. Will have to get wife to take a few next time.

1 comment:

  1. Just noticed you signed up to follow my blog - I'll be doing the same in return to ensure you keep your training up. :D

    Great job on the du! I've yet to try one of them (that, and keep my HR at 168 for a run!)

    ReplyDelete