Thursday, September 10, 2009

Forget the HR monitor

Don't let the title fool you. You need to use a HR monitor to train effectively. It can help you realize your optimum run or ride speeds and is good for telling you how the workout is going. With that said, I put on my HR monitor and went out for a run. Then I said forget this thing I'm gonna push it a little. My 3 mile time went from 31.28 to a 28.55, a nice improvement, but I could definately tell I was pushing it. The run did feel good. I could tell when I hit a nice pace and or stride...it just felt like your in a zone. Kind of like hitting just the right cadence on the bike. I am feeling it in my knees though. Good thing I take a day off after my runs. I will need the recovery time. One parting word, be sure to check out http://www.runnersworld.com/ and look at the section on shoe buying. It's really good and having the right shoes is a must!!! They sure make the run and the recovery much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment