Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Beautiful Day for a ride

What a day for a bike ride. It was nice and calm, 79F and the evening was great looking. Not to mention a nice unwind from a day at work.

Prior to the ride I checked the air pressure in the tires. Seems they never stay at 115 as I would like. I kind of guess at the 115 as my regulator on the air compressor only goes to 100. I need to go get a new pressure gauge. Lubed up the chain and checked the settings on the derailers. Everything OK there. Oh, guess I should say the bike is a Trek 2100 that is about 15 years old. Was loaned to me as my Schwin was way behind repair.

Had issues with the bike computer again. Seems the pickup on the front fork just wont stay set correctly. I have to reach down and adjust it once in a while. Checked my odometer to gps and it was off by half a mile. I think I might try moving the unit to the rear and see if that makes any difference.

Found out my neighbor is training for the Chicago marathon. Maybe I can get a running partner in a few months...when I get closer to his level.

Will post more later on how long I have been working at this and my goals.

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment