Saturday, September 19, 2009

Practice of the Spooky Du


Missed a few posts due to work. I didn't miss the training though!! There is a Duathlon coming up at the end of October called the Spooky Du. You can view the information by following this link. This looks like a good challenge.


So I went out today and did some practice on the actual course to get a feel for it. It does have some hills that I don't have locally and the bike ride...well the first 2 miles and the last 2 are UP and DOWN. Need to put in some practice at those.

Below is a summary of todays work.

Start Time 9:00 AM BIKE RIDE
1h 23m 21.28 miles 15.38 Mi/hr Avg HR: 132 Max HR: 150

Weldon Springs bike route...well almost. I got lost on the ride. Only did an extra .3miles. The route runs out thru the country side and isn't marked. I tried to memorize it from looking at an online map and took a wrong turn about half way thru.

Run NOTE: I took time to change shoes and get some water, so maybe 2 mins rest.
19m 47s 1.90 miles 10m 25s/Mi Avg HR: 146 Max HR: 157

Run right after bike ride. Did the outter lap of Weldon. Didn't think I had the gas for another lap. This route has a couple of hills and I didn't want to over do it.

Will try and get some more data posted this week and put up some more of the links I have found while web surfing. Hmmmm. Surfing. Wonder if I can get workout time credit?

No comments:

Post a Comment